The SSW Forest keeps
17 August 2022
Did you know that every time you instruct Smith Stone Walters on an immigration case, you are also making a positive impact on the environment?
As well as delivering our famous ‘WOW’ service, we want to help our clients feel good about partnering with us. One way in which we do this is through our climate positivity pledge.
At SSW, we are passionate about the future of our planet and we are working hard behind the scenes to help to offset the environmental impact our business operations have.
That’s why we plant five trees for every visa instruction we receive.
Our progress to date
Since we embarked on this project at the end of 2021, we have made great progress.
To date, we have planted 17,250 trees an offset 90 tonnes of CO2e. That’s equivalent to:
- 69 long-haul flights
- 270 metres squared of sea ice saved
- 223,290 miles driven in a car.
You can keep up with our progress by visiting our virtual forest here.
How do we plant the trees?
We have partnered with Ecologi, an environmental organisation based in the UK which funds tree planting and climate projects around the world.
Ecologi works with tree planting partners who responsibly plant the trees on our behalf. The project also provides fair-wage employment by hiring local villagers to grow, plant and guard the forest restoration sites, providing a consistent income to poverty-stricken communities.
So far, the SSW Forest contains trees of various native species which have been planted in Madagascar and Mozambique. These countries are chosen as vast areas of the original forests there have been destroyed in recent years.
Alongside our trees, our funding has also directly supported many other global climate projects, including:
- Preserving Amazonian rainforest in Brazil
- Solar power projects in Vietnam, India and Egypt
- Wind power projects in Thailand, Mexico and South Africa
- Using waste biomass to produce electricity in Chile
- Improving the Efficiency of Metro Transport in India (this is the world’s first metro system 100% powered by solar energy).
Help us grow the SSW Forest
If you like the sound of our tree planting project and want to get involved, there are two ways you can help:
- Engage SSW for all your immigration needs. By instructing us on your immigration cases, your visa applications can directly contribute towards reversing climate change.
- Set up your own individual or business account with Ecologi. Speak to us for more details on starting your own tree planting project.
To find out more, or to discuss an immigration query, please contact us today.