Update on UK visa processing
times in APAC region
31 May 2022
If you are filing an application for a UK visa from a country within the Asia Pacific (APAC) region, there are currently some service disruptions and restrictions in place that may affect your application.
This week, we caught up with colleagues at SSW’s Hong Kong office to find out the latest information on Visa Application Centre closures, priority service availability and current visa processing times in the APAC region. Below, we outline the information they shared with us.
Important note: The information in this update is accurate at the time of publication. However, opening times and service availability are subject to change at short notice. Smith Stone Walters advises all applicants to check the VFS Global website for the most up to date information and opening hours for your chosen centre. Alternatively, our immigration advisors based in Hong Kong are on hand to provide advice and support.
UK Visa Application Centres in APAC region
UK Visa Application Centres (VACs) in the below listed countries are run by VFS Global, a commercial partner engaged by UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) to provide UK visa services abroad. Below is a breakdown of current service status by country.
- Australia – VACs in Australia are currently open. Apart from Sydney & Melbourne, all centres are currently operating reduced opening hours.
- China – VACs in Shanghai and Beijing are currently closed. All other centres remain open, but are operating reduced opening hours (with the exception of Shenzhen and Guangzhou).
- Hong Kong – VACs in Hong Kong are currently open.
- Indonesia – VACs in Indonesia are currently open. Apart from Jakarta, other centres are operating reduced opening hours.
- Japan – VACs in Japan are currently open.
- Malaysia – VACs in Malaysia are currently open.
- New Zealand – VACs in New Zealand are currently open. Apart from Auckland (Standard & Premium), other centres are operating reduced opening hours.
- Philippines – VACs in the Philippines are currently open.
- Singapore – VACs in Singapore are currently open.
- South Korea – VACs in South Korea are currently open.
- Thailand – VACs in Thailand are currently open. Apart from Bangkok (Trendy) & Chiang Mai, other centres are operating reduced opening hours.
- Vietnam – VACs in Vietnam are currently open. Apart from Da Nang City, other centres are operating usual business hours (Monday to Friday).
Priority service suspended
UKVI are currently prioritising applications made under the Ukraine Family Scheme. As a result, UKVI have temporarily suspended priority and super priority services for all non-visit routes. More information can be found here.
Visa processing times
On average, applications are taking around 6 weeks (or 30 working days) to process.
Applying for a visa from the APAC region?
If you are applying for a UK visa from the APAC region and require assistance, Smith Stone Walters can help. Our team of immigration experts based in Hong Kong are experienced in helping clients with a range of application types, and are well equipped to support you through the entire process.
To find out how we can help, please contact us today.