UK Visa Application Centres
overseas: Service Update
26 May 2021
Due to the ongoing spike in COVID-19 cases in India, the government has enforced new restrictions and some business closures to help combat the spread of the virus. Similarly, other countries in Asia have introduced their own restrictions based on the local threat level at the present time.
These restrictions include the closure or part suspension of services at certain Visa Application Centres (VACs) in the region. Local restrictions and level of service available at VACs varies between countries, therefore anyone applying for a UK visa from India or any of the below listed countries should be aware of how the restrictions may impact their application.
To give applicants an idea of the current situation in their locality, the team at SSW’s Mumbai office would like to share the following updates on service availability at UK Visa Application Centres in India and surrounding countries in Asia.
Check availability at your nearest centre
The below information is accurate at the time of publication. However, opening times and service availability is subject to change at short notice. VACs in the below listed countries are run by VFS Global, a commercial partner engaged by the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) to provide UK visa services abroad.
- Due to local government lockdown restrictions, VACs in Chennai and Hyderabad will be closed from 24 May until 30 May.
- The UK VAC in Cochin is open with a limited capacity, only for customers who could not attend appointments during the most recent closure. Applicants will be contacted by VFS staff before attending.
- VACs in Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chandigarh, Goa, Jalandhar, Kolkata, Mumbai South, New Delhi and Pune are open however appointments are available only for limited hours.
- The remaining VACs and enrolment locations in India will not be open for some time.
- Walk-in service, Priority and Super Priority visa services in India still remain suspended until further notice.
United Arab Emirates
- VAC in Sharjah will not be open for some time
- VAC in Dubai and Abu Dhabi are open.
- Super Priority Visa service, Priority Visa service, Priority Visa for Settlement service and walk-in services are currently not available.
- Due to local Government lockdown restrictions, the VAC in Kathmandu, Nepal will be closed until 31 May. Please note that this is the only VFS centre in Nepal, therefore no UK visa applications can currently be submitted in Nepal.
- VFS will contact customers who already have appointments booked, though these will not be rescheduled until the centre is re-opened.
- Priority Visa service, Priority Visa for Settlement service and walk-in services are suspended.
- VAC in Bahrain is open.
- Due to new government regulations, entry to the building will be restricted to individuals aged 18 and above, who are vaccinated and have completed 14 days after the second dose and to those who have recovered from COVID-19. Proof of both must be provided by presenting the green shield.
- Walk-in service is currently unavailable.
- VAC in Tehran is open.
- Currently additional services are not offered in Iran.
- VACs in Islamabad, Karachi, Lahore and Mirpur remain open.
- Please be aware that there is currently a high demand for visa appointments in Pakistan, therefore booking an appointment may be difficult. Applicants are advised to keep checking the website for the appointment slots to be released.
- All premium services are available at all centres.
Applying for a visa from India?
If you are applying for a UK visa from India and require assistance, Smith Stone Walters can help. Our team of immigration experts based in Mumbai, India are experienced in helping clients with a range of application types, and are well equipped to support you through the entire process.
To find out how we can help, please contact us today.