The UK's new immigration
system - Free Guide
17 December 2020
On 31 December 2020 at 11:00pm, Freedom of Movement between the United Kingdom and the European Union will end, and a new Points-Based Immigration System will apply to all migrants entering the UK.
The new system represents the most significant change in immigration policy in a generation, and employers should be aware of how the new rules will impact their recruitment and HR processes in 2021 and beyond.
To help employers and applicants gain a better understanding of the new rules, Smith Stone Walters has produced a new digital brochure which sets out the first phase of changes being introduced in 2021 and what you need to know.
Inside your guide to the new Points-Based Immigration System, you will discover:
- The Sponsor Licence process – Understand the eligibility requirements, application process and compliance duties involved in becoming a Home Office approved sponsor.
- The new Skilled Worker route – Gain an overview of the eligibility requirements, skill and salary thresholds for the Skilled Worker route, and how this visa differs from the previous Tier 2 (General) visa.
- The Points-Based Immigration System – Understand the criteria for scoring points under the points-based system, including tradeable points, with case study examples.
- The Intra-Company Transfer (ICT) route – Gain an overview of the two ICT visa categories, and how this route can help your business in moving employees to the UK for temporary assignments.
- Immigration fees and costs – Ensure your business is prepared for the costs involved with sponsoring migrants under the Skilled Worker route.
- Other economic immigration routes – Discover a range of other specialist work routes under the points-based system.
- Your workplace checklist – Prepare your business to adapt to the new rules with our six recommendations for employers.
To download your free brochure, simply sign up to our mailing list and you will receive an email with a link to download the PDF.
By signing up to our mailing list, you will receive the latest immigration updates direct to your inbox each week, helping you to stay informed and aware.
Speak to an immigration advisor
If you have any questions about the upcoming changes to the UK’s Immigration Rules, Smith Stone Walters would be happy to help. To speak to one of our experienced immigration advisors, please call 0208 461 6660, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.